Our sibling TLDs, .com and .net, just released a fun new service at DomainFest this week so I thought I’d take a moment to let you know about it. VERISIGN ® DomainView™ can be found over at Verisign Labs and allows you to see what words are trending in .com and .net domains. It’s another fun view into the real time web. So if onetwothree.com was registered, the words “one”, “two” and “three” would show up in proportion to how often in that time period they were in a newly registered domain name.
There are a few flavors, so you can use it however you’d like:
- There’s a view for your computer with some fun 3D views (but no, you don’t have to wear those hated glasses).
- A web app optimized for iOS: Click on any word in this web app, and we show you suggestions for domain names that are available to register if you’ve taken a fancy to that word.
- There’s a plug in for Firefox and Chrome that shows the words in a stock ticker format.
- A widget you can add to your own website.
- Or, if you’d like, access directly to the API; and
- We have a native iOS app coming soon to an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch near you.
So, try it out and tell us what you think!
And now, back to our regularly scheduled program… changing the channel back to .tv.